Spring is upon us! What does that mean? It’s time to start planning your Spring Cleaning!
Yes, spring cleaning can feel daunting. But it doesn’t have to be! A clean, fresh, organized home is great way to greet the warm weather and sunshine that spring brings. Here are some tips on how to keep your cleaning simple and efficient.
Being fully prepared will ensure you can tackle it all with efficiency. Make sure you have all the essentials. This means cleaning products, oven cleaner, magic erasers, goo gone, compressed air can, dusters, sponges, garbage bags, rags, buckets, boxes for old clutter. Replace any products that are running low. Organize and assign your products to each appropriate room.
Make a checklist:
Create a list for each room and write down every job you want done accordingly. Determine your timeline and goal for completion. Having lists will help you feel less overwhelmed and allow you to easily delegate tasks to other members of the house. You will feel so accomplished and productive as you check things off your list!
Start with decluttering:
Make sure your list begins with decluttering! Lose items you no longer need or use, furniture that takes up unnecessary space, or expired food in your pantry and refrigerator. Removing these things first will make the cleaning process so much easier!
Don’t forget to tackle the things that you rarely have the time to do!
- Kitchen – Clean out that junk drawer, deep clean the refrigerator and cabinets. Clean behind stove and refrigerator, polish appliances with stainless steel products.
- Living Room – Clean throw pillows, blankets and deep clean furniture upholstery.
- Bedrooms – Wash all bedding, flip mattress, deep clean carpets and mop floors.
- Bathroom – Deep clean toilets/tub, wash bathmats, mirrors and glass, replace shower lines/curtains, discard old makeup and products.
- Other – Wash baseboards, doors and walls, vacuum vents, update first aid supplies, medicine and fire extinguishers. Replace batteries in smoke detectors and light bulbs.
Happy Spring Cleaning!